Friday 26 July 2013

Day 13 - the day we finally did some laundry

25th July 2013

Day 2 in Chicago and to say we were up and raring to go would be a lie. I have managed (despite the heatwave) to develop a cold so a trip to the pharmacy was the first stop. This then meant all the photos of me from then on was with a white plastic bag (hobo). Anyway, for lunch we went to a lovely posh cafe and had a duck prosciutto and endive salad each. And now we both know what endives are! ( we definitely didn't when we ordered).
We strolled back to Millennium Park with our tongues hanging out at all the dessert shops. 
Back at Millennium Park we found the bean, which is mirrored so reflects all of the city around it.

Can you spot us ? I'm trying to hide my plastic bag.
The Park is amazing and displays lots of artwork. One piece, I think it's called 'the faces' is 2 water fountains both with faces on, facing each other, spitting water at the other. There were lots of kids playing in it, it was lovely.
We paid the Art Institute of Chicago a visit (well, the gift shop) and then headed home to do some laundry (yes you read correctly).
For dinner we went to a cute little Italian. 
Then we headed to the Skydeck at Willis Tower, a building 1300 feet high, with amazing 360' views of the city.
There is a glass ledge which hangs out of the building. I think my fears must disappear in America cos I'm normally petrified of heights, but this didn't bother me at all (Lauren on the other hand...).
Of course, we had to pay the gift shop a visit. 
Fudge^^
This is for mum because we love Chicago Fire ^^
We also found pizza/ hot dog hats and obviously couldn't resist...
Look at my red nose from my cold ha!

We had an amazing day and wished we were staying in Chicago for a little while longer.
Lots of love xxxx























2 comments:

  1. OMG Chicago Fire. i love the photos especially the one of the white plastic bag ha. Talking of white are you using total sunblock? Food looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for keeping the bag hidden!! Loving the gift shop photees, really made me laugh. Do you ever buy any of that s...t ??? Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete