Friday 19 July 2013

Day 6 - the day we ate Philly Cheesesteaks

18th July 2013

Most of the day was spent on the subway or on the bus, but we still managed to find fun in it. 
The journey from Washington to Philly was hilarious as we seemed I be on the special bus. We took the subway to the hotel and were happy to have been handed a welcome bag full of cookies upon arrival :).
It was already around 5.30 so we decided to head out to get some dinner. We knew we wanted Philly cheesesteaks as we were only in Philly once! We accidentally stumbles upon Jim's which my uncle Bev told me was a definite go-to (he used to live in Philly). Wow. 
I don't think I stopped to breathe. Next we walked to Penn's landing which is stretch along the Delaware waterfront. It was absolutely beautiful as the sun set.
We were going there to watch Silver Linings Playbook under the stars. It was honestly my favourite thing so far (despite our numb bums). We managed to sit near to some drunk guy who shouted "I love Bobby, what a hero" etc every time Robert De Niro came on the screen. So sooooo funny. 
Absolutely LOVING Philadelphia - definitely my favourite stop on the journey so far. Lots of love xxxxx








1 comment:

  1. It sounds amazing I am so chuffed you are having such fun. Stay safe girls xxx love you xxxxxxxxxx!

    ReplyDelete